Starting a blog and a business can be overwhelming. There is so much to learn, which is fun and sometimes frustrating at the same time. I am a researcher at heart, so when starting my business and this blog I, of course, became obsessed with researching everything to do with business and blogging.
So, I want to share this information to provide a resource to other bloggers to help others find great resources and save time doing so. Community and helping each other out is SO important for any group who is determined to grow and be successful. I will continue to add to this list as I learn and grow. 💕
- wpbeginner – Everything you need to know about wordpress from starting a blog to building an online store.
Keyword Search and SEO
- Ubersuggest – Ubersuggest is a FREE tool for finding the best keywords and keyword phrases. In addition, with the top SEO pages report, you can discover which of your competitor’s pages are ranking for popular organic keyword phrases and which ones are ranked highly on Facebook, Pinterest, et.. It’s also great for finding more keyword ideas. You’ll also see volume, the competition, and even seasonal trends for each keyword.
Print and Digital Tools
- Printful.com – I’ve been using Printful to create and sell my own custom design products. It’s great because they print on demand and they ship the products for you (meaning that you don’t have to have a stock of t-shirts in your house and a shipping center). They have options for clothing, accessories, and home products.
- Creative Market – Creative market is an online shop for thousands of digital products that can be used for your blog and business. They have photos, graphics, templates, themes, fonts, etc. I love that it is a platform for handcrafted, unique design content from independent creatives around the world. After signing up you will have access to six free resources every week.
Powered by Creative Market
- Canva.com – I think I use this just about every day to easily create beautiful designs and documents. It is super easy to use and there are thousands of templates to choose from for social media, blog posts,
- SmallPDF – Easy to use tool to reduce the size of your PDF online. I use this before uploading freebies and eBooks to my site.
- Trello.com – Trello is a tool that you can use to organize your projects into boards. In one glance, you can see what you’re working on and keep track of blog posts,
affliates, etc. It’s meant for use as a group (there are helpful features like seeing who’s working on what). I have the app installed on my phone as well so that when I come up with an idea or something that I need to do I can quickly note it in the app.
Photos and Tools
- Table Top Photography Studio – If you take your own photos for your blog, then you should really get a
table topphotography studio. I used to have to wait for the right natural lighting or set up complicated lighting that would never come out the way I wanted it too. Now, I just have this set up on my work table and can quickly take photos with great lighting.
- Unsplash.com – This site has an amazing collection of photos and it’s FREE. After signing up you can save your favorite photos to collections. There is a great variety and they are of great quality. Just make sure to credit the photographer in your post.
- PicResize – Easily crop, resize, and edit your images online for FREE at PicResize.
Blogging Websites + Podcasts
- Sweetandsimplelife.com – I love this site by Cate. Her content is based on working from home, building a money-making blog, and
enjoying thesweet side of life. She shares guidance and strategies for monetizing your blog, growing your social media, and balancing your biz with family life! She also has a great facebook group that is SO supportive and is a great resource: blogging community here.
- Bloggingyourpassion.com – I’ve been listening to this podcast daily for great tips about blogging and motivation. Their goal is to help 1,000 bloggers go full-time in the next five years. My goal is to be one of those 1,000? 🙋♀️
- Chica Confident – Morgan provides great resources and services
for enhancingyour blog and overall brand into a purposeful & profitable business. She can provide you with useful tips on how to guest blog, build and engage with your audience, stay inspired, time-management, and more.
I will keep updating this with great resources for you, so check back soon. If you have favorites that I should add to this list let me know and I will research them. Thank you!